It’s no surprise that Mike Trout leads all MLB players in Topps BUNT this season with 2,139 points so far. While he’s on his way to grabbing BUNT AL MVP honors, he might do the same in real life as the Angels look to grab a playoff spot.
Here’s a look at the top players in BUNT this season:
- Mike Trout, Angels: 2,139
- Felix Hernandez, Mariners: 2,056
- Andrew McCutchen, Pirates: 2,052
- Ryan Braun, Brewers: 2,043
- Edwin Encarnacion, Dodgers: 2,004
- Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: 1,938
- Josh Hamilton, Rangers: 1,908
- Justin Verlander, Tigers: 1,906
- Jered Weaver, Angels: 1,848
- Robinson Cano, Yankees: 1,740
*All statistics are as of Monday, August 27 at 4 p.m. EST.
- Of the players in the top 10, seven are from AL teams.
- Felix Hernandez, Justin Verlander and Jered Weaver, all AL pitchers, are the only hurlers in the top 10.
- Five of the top 10 have reached the 2,000-point plateau so far.
- Peripheral stars: Curtis Granderson (1,647), David Price (1,668), Prince Fielder (1,692) and Matt Holiday (1,734),
We’ll continue posting these BUNT stats on a weekly basis and will be announcing end-of-season awards candidates each week starting Monday, September 3.
Haven’t heard of Topps BUNT? Check it out in the App Store today!